1. We do this thing in the office called “Secret Pal”, which is essentially Secret Santa but not at Christmas. I arrived in the office this morning to my first Secret Pal gift - Triscuits, hummus in the fridge, and a quote from my favorite movie, “The Apartment”.
2. I started my Master’s degree as of Monday. I’d sort of forgotten what it was like to be in school, but fortunately the classes are online, I can tackle the assignments at my own pace, and I’m studying something I actually like. Amazing what listening to yourself instead of other people can do for your own level of happiness.
3. My concern over my slight eye-roll earlier this week was for naught - phew - as I just had a meeting with my manager and she praised me up and down. Apparently, there’s quite a bit of “Meghan is doing an awesome job” flying around the very small office. One thing I need to work on is trusting that I am smart, skilled, and capable. Maybe then I’ll stop being surprised at my own success.
4. Pizza night for Dan, 10, 7, and me. It’s our reward after painting the kids’ bedroom on Wednesday.
5. We have a package in the Leasing Office (which holds them for the residents in the event that whatever has arrived doesn’t fit in our mailbox), and I have a few things I hope hope hope it is, namely the painting Kris made for us, because I am SO EXCITED to hang it up and decorate our place some more.