It’s over. Everyone is gone, or on their way. I’ll be leaving in a few hours.
My neurotic-ness knows no bounds, and therefore I was *so* nervous for this weekend. However, it couldn’t have been more perfect. We took over the hotel bar Friday night. We were loud and we were happy. Saturday, there was poolside lounging. Bikinis, sun, booze and good friends; what else can you ask for?
The main event was upon us before we even knew what was happening. Jen laced me into my torture device (or my corset) and we piled into cabs. We made our way to the bar, and people started flowing in. Adam was instrumental in the success of the DCTU, as the basement bar of The Big Hunt could not have been a better venue. The music was blasting, the booze was flowing and my friends…my friends were around me. They were laughing and I was laughing and I looked around to find everyone I loved no longer in my phone but within groping/smooching/hugging distance. Jen, you’re an angel for organizing this. Thank you infinitely.
I somehow managed to stay alive, awake, and partying until 5am, along with a few other people. I saw the sun rise and managed to close my eyes for some broken sleep until the post-tweetup brunch. A bajillion thanks to Azzman for letting me crash on his couch and a bajillion thanks to Jon for making sure I stayed hydrated.
Brunch was lovely. As we do, we took over the restaurant. After several mimosas and plenty of coffee, the group split. A few went off to nap, others went to Matt’s house to watch the England vs. Italy soccer match. More booze. More laughs. Music and bromances. Winding down and recovery.
I must pause and express a very special thank you to the house, who let me have my headstrong way probably a little too much this weekend. You are the best group of friends a girl could ask for and I love and thank you for your tolerance and constant, unwavering support and friendship.
Now, I sit on the porch on a lovely summer morning, contemplating my drive home. My heart aches to watch everyone go and I already miss DC, but it is that time - now we return to our everyday lives. I feel lucky to call each of you friends and I miss you all terribly.
Q:Name five people from social media (that you have not met) that you’d like to have drinks with. Also: Identify the most likely of the 6 of you to get pass out/pukey drunk.
Hmm, okay. I had to think about this because I want to meet EVERYONE! But here goes!
- Van/vanpocalypse. She is fanfuckingtastic, hilarious, and sweet (shhh, don’t tell!). I can’t wait to actually see her at the end of June.
- Andrew/highwaytohelv. He is a smart, introspective, kind guy with some fantastic opinions and I have the feeling we could just talk for hours. I will also see him in June, which I am wicked psyched for.
- Dan/bunnkwio. He’s a cool guy and I would love to talk Greek/Roman architecture with him. I also want to see if I can outdrink him.
- Tara/quetaratara. That girl knows her beer and I want to go to Founder’s with her.
- Jon/husky-jon. I wanna hang out in his backyard and have him introduce me to new and awesome music and drink beers.
Okay. Moving on to the other 6…
- Mandy/mylibraryvoice. Girl is tiny but once she and I are in the same zip code, it’s gonna be in-fucking-sane.
- Sarah/sarahgetsit. My beer and cheese twin. We tore up NYC last time I was there. We’ll do so again.
- Angie/shesaflightrisk. We’d go toe to toe with drinks and probably pass out in various stages of undress.
- Lindsay/devilishmess. She’s my Scottish wifey and if we’re ever together, oh the booze we shall drink…and if I’m visiting her, I might never return.
- Matt/caustikgrip. He didn’t really try the last time we hung out, but I’m pretty sure he could outdrink me…and that’s saying something.
- Jeff/nerdfaced. Oh, lord how much good beer we’d drink if I ever make it to Amsterdam.