: I broke a nail yesterday, right down to the quick. I’m a little particular about my nails, so it was kind of the cherry on top of an awful Thursday sundae. *sad trombone*
:: Nothing beats stepping out of the shower and wrapping yourself in a towel fresh out of the dryer.
::: I had a very lovely (G rated) dream last night. I rarely dream, and never remember them if I do, so this was a pleasant surprise. I got a little glimpse into my future, and I liked what I saw.
:::: One day I’ll figure out how to not eat my feelings. Yesterday was not that day.
::::: Enough with the rain, June. This.is.SUMMER.
Yeah, I’m that girl. I just used ‘Please advise’ in an email. If it helps, it was meant to be a snippy retort to idiotic people.
It’s raining here and evidently Bostonians melt when there’s precipitation. At least, you’d believe that from this morning’s commute.
Staff meeting this morning. I’m taking minutes now. I’m the MINUTE-TAKING GIRL. I enjoy this.
My earbuds died sometime last week, and I attempted to resurrect them before I left for Chicago. They lasted for the flights to and from, and then subsequently croaked in dramatic fashion yesterday. RIP awesome earbuds.
Captain of the RMS Veggiepalooza this weekend. I don’t even know what I just said but evidently I’ve had too much coffee.
1) It’s impossible for Dan and I to sleep in. If there’s an alarm set for either of us, chances are pretty high that we’ll be up at least an hour before it. Today was no exception.
2) I meet his friends tonight. His mom tomorrow. His children on Monday. Give me a few hours and I’ll be freaking out about it.
3) Supernatural will be keeping me entertained until Dan comes home from work.
4) I’m pretty sure the surgeon realized she was being a giant bitch because she was being extra nice to me yesterday. As much as I really do like my job, I needed time away.
5) I have caveman feet. Me getting a pedicure is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Plaid flannel shirt dress with acid wash denim trim. Boots and striped socks. My dear commuter, I can see that you frankly don’t give a damn about how you look today.
I’m a fucking lady - I’m in a skirt so my legs are crossed and closed. No amount of staring at me is going to make me open them, kid.
I’ve had my 4S for the longest I’ve ever had any phone - 2+ years now. While I love the amount I pay for my plan, and for unlimited data, I’m not so in love with Sprint’s service availability. Decision making time.
If I want to lose weight (and boy do I), I think I need to ditch the beer-drinking. Ugh. Worst sentence uttered ever.
“Gonna make this day, a little better than the last…”
My desk looks like a paper bomb exploded. Path reports, mammo reports, consent forms, oh my!
T-minus 3 hours till I leave work. T-minus 6 hours till I see my honey. Can’t come quickly enough.
I have a Post-It on my desk reminding me to call Lisa. I don’t have any recollection of needing to call Lisa. I don’t have any patients named Lisa. WHO IS THIS LISA??
I notified one of the attending radiologists that she wrote the wrong side in her final report. She bitched me out, and then apologized to the NP that she was ‘short’. Not to me, but to the surgeon’s NP. After all, I’M the one who caught the error, but hey, what do I know? I only have a B.A.
Skirt weather. My solo campaign against nylons is still going strong.
There was an adorable and very well-behaved Husky puppy on the train this morning. He made me smile.
I decided to have sushi for dinner. This makes me smile.
Today is my official anniversary with Dan. I fell in love with a wonderful man, with whom I have an amazing future ahead. I smile every day now that I know him.
I get to leave at 4pm today, it’s warm, and the sun is shining. This definitely makes me smile.
My female sing-songwriter Songza playlist is soothing and the soundtrack to my work-day. You guessed it - smiles.
“Fuck roads; I want a helicopter.” Dan and I left an hour ago and I have no idea when we’ll get into the city. Road closures are not our friend.
I somehow managed to slice off a chunk of the top of the top of my wrist when I was opening a beer bottle earlier. I don’t know either.
I don’t think I have 3 more things.
Dan’s a really good cook. I’m gonna be 800 pounds by the time this weekend is over.
Where’s the warm weather & sunshine? April, I think you need to go home. You’re not in a very good mood.
1. Sister comes home from Cali tomorrow. Bitch’ll be all tan. Then there’s me, the paragon of all things porcelain.
2. Ten pounds into a five pound bag. That’s how I do.
3. Heading to the subbasement to pick up a spare office key for the surgeon. Gonna get so lost.
4. I need a new dress. I have my reasons. I should also get back on the fitness train. Fitness track? Back on track? Yeah, that.
5. No, seriously, I’m lost in the subbasement.
+ My bed head this morning is EPIC.
* A few months ago, Dan bought and saved for me 2 bags of Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee. I is a HAPPY girl this morning.
~ Salted caramel cake pop, mimosa, scrambled eggs. Breakfast of champions.
^ I know that the life we’ve planned won’t be without its challenges, but it’ll always help to have a supportive partner by my side.
• Today’s challenge is us vs. the wifi.
“Thank you for holding, your call is important to us. Your order in the queue is 1.” I’m sure it is…so important that I’ve been the first in the queue for 10 minutes. Asshats.
People are going to be displeased with me, but if you want a specific surgeon, you have to wait until said surgeon is available. That being said, this plastic surgeon goes away a LOT.
I think I may go buy myself a winter coat now that spring is here. Sales galore!
Songza is doing a kickass job today. Keep it up, algorithm that’s choosing today’s music.
I have a window in my office but I’d trade it for some company.
1. My car will be ready today and while it would be a lie to say that I wasn’t looking forward to getting it back, I really can’t wait till I sell that sucker.
2. Can’t stop, won’t stop finding outfits that go with the pink stilettos. The count is at 3 for this week.
3. I’ve been a uber-grouchy bitch the past few days and I really ought to listen to myself when I say, “I think I’m PMS-ing.” Stupid IUD; I still get the symptoms of PMS - what good are you? Oh. Right. The whole no babies bit.
4. I miss my boyfriend. I would say more about this but I’ll get weepy because hormones and I kind of really love his face and whatnot and shuttup YOU’RE pouting and I just want a hug.
5. I need to feed the dog and have another cup of coffee in 30 seconds and dammit I’m gonna miss the first train and I want a breakfast burrito. Those things are unrelated. My brain is weird.
Combine the snow with the already inept MBTA and you get a giant unfuckable clusterfuck.
I have only had 1 cup of coffee this morning. What fresh hell is this?
I was going to post an SST last night, but accidentally queued it to publish it at noon today. Good thing I caught it or it would have been an interesting lunchtime.
With the surgeon out of the office, my to-dos have been done, my drawers are organized (which, OMG finally, I couldn’t handle the clutter anymore), and there is a general sense of calm that surrounds my desk. So naturally, I’m a little bored. I’ll be looking forward to her coming back and keeping me busy with her weird requests again (I can’t believe I’m saying that).
Finally getting my car’s bumper repaired. Fuckin’ cars - more trouble than they’re worth.