I sent this to Dan.
OITNB and morning coffee = yesterday.
Love Actually and morning coffee = today.
Someone needs to hire me.
- Note to self, you’re leaving in 36 days so it doesn’t really matter if you leave an hour early or 90 min early from work. You live in Boston (for now), and traffic will always suck. Remember that next time so you don’t get to your gate 20 minutes before boarding.
- I am so glad to be done with this week. I can only handle so much stress and it’s clearly manifested as such in my neck and left shoulder. If I could have torn my left half of my body off to alleviate my discomfort earlier this week, I would have.
— I usually like Southwest’s boarding policy but today its algorithm did not work in my favor.
- Thank goodness for Dan being as wonderful as he is because I have drink tickets, and boy, do I need them after today’s trek to Logan.
- No more complaints, I get to smooch boyfriend in 2 hours.
No, it’s okay, only having minor meltdowns about the consistent “This position has been filled” emails.
NEW CRIMINAL MINDS IS BACK NEW CRIMINAL MINDS IS BACK.
I’ve never lived with a boyfriend before and I won’t lie, the fact that shattering the illusion that I’m a lady is fast approaching is a weird thought because I’ve been able to preserve that illusion for 27 years.
American Beauty by Dogfish Head is alarmingly drinkable.
Bed tacos and beer next weekend?
-> I didn’t do it on purpose, but I’ve been so incredibly busy with work the past 2 days that I’ve forgotten to eat lunch. (Me? Forget food?! Unheard of!) That’s probably what contributed to the mild brain-exploding headache this morning.
—> Weird. My birthday is in 2 days and it’s barely even registering. I do, however, get to celebrate it with my lovely wonderful boyfriend who bought me an extra large coffee this morning, so that’s all that matters, really.
—-> My hair is tiny itty bitty ponytail length and I’m wearing the shit out of it. (Don’t tell me how ridiculous it looks; I can’t remember the last time I had enough hair to gather into a ponytail. DON’T CRUSH MY DREAM, PEOPLE.)
——> There are so many liquids on my desk…juice, water, coffee…this is an accident waiting to happen.
——-> She’s got her daddy’s money, her mama’s good looks, more laughs than a stack of comic books, a wild imagination, a college education, add it all up it’s a deadly combination.
I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair this morning. Made do with the sink in the bathroom at work and am rocking a serious drowned rat look right about now.
I’m ready for this week to be over, but I’ve got to survive today’s shitshow first.
I had a “my life is so different in comparison to 5 years ago” moment this morning. I feel a little out of sorts, but in a good way.
My coworker and I may go to a talk next week that one of the MDs here is giving about zombies. I’m pretty excited…because ZOMBIES.
I still can’t believe I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair this morning.
Oon. This weekend I am going through all the shit I have from my apartment and doing some SERIOUS organization. I am down to a hair under 10 weeks before my move/road trip to Chicagoland with Dan. I will be selling my car next month, which will provide me with a little extra oomph in the bank account.
Dough. Heading to GR for MITU next Thursday night. MITU a year ago was totally different for me and Dan - we weren’t even close to announcing our relationship - and here we are this year, mere weeks away from cohabitation.
Tree. Completely still not focused on work. It’s getting done, I’m just…not there, mentally. I feel sort of checked out, and I shouldn’t. Part of it is feeling discouraged re: the job search, the other part is feeling discouraged re: the surgeon’s total lack of support in reinforcing the actual amount of time it will take for me to schedule and coordinate all the necessary pieces for an individual surgery. I really hate being the bad guy.
| | | |. I have the best boyfriend in the entire world. He’s really too fantastic for words. I’m the planniest planner there is, and he’s just so…calm. It rubs off on me, and I have to tell you, not obsessing about every damn detail of my day is nice.
V. I have no idea how I’m going to give my notice. I’m actually kind of dreading it. I dreaded it in my last job (and I couldn’t WAIT to get the fuck out of there), and I’m dreading it now. If I could just up and go without the repercussions, that would be so ideal. The awkward is strong in this one.
- I really like my job, but a great deal of the time, the expectations the surgeon sets for her patients are unrealistic. It puts me in a very awkward position (that is, I’m the bad guy) and I don’t appreciate it.
_ Speaking of jobs, just got ANOTHER rejection email for a job I applied to in Chicagoland. I’m certainly not uneducated, I have (what I’ve been told is) a well-polished résumé, and I interview like a rockstar. Proof positive that geography is a goddamn bitch.
* 76 days until I get to live with Dan and the playing house we’re doing here at the beach house will be real life in our own house and that’s all I want (besides looking like Olivia Wilde and winning the lottery).
~ High Fidelity is on. Nuff said.
• Here comes the sun! Beach time is imminent. Beers, sun, cooking dinner with my perfect boyfriend. I’m a happy, happy girl.
- So much for staying awake to watch SoA…I should know better than to try and stay awake to watch TV shows airing later than 8:00pm. (I know better than to tell the Internet to not spoil it for me.)
- It’s been a while since I had any comments from my mother about my weight, so it’s a good thing she reminded me twice today that I might want to be skinny if I ever need to try on wedding dresses.
- One countdown is just about over, another marches along, slowly but surely.
- I’ve typed out and deleted 6 or 8 different things here but nothing is coming out right, so I’ll just give my love to the universe today and trust it gets to the right people.
- 1:00am is stupid. I should be asleep, but evidently my brain disagrees. Today will be stupidly busy, but there’s a boyfriend waiting at the end of it, so all will be well (give or take a diagnosis of mono).
Okay, so Dan’s better (or getting there) and I’m not having a meltdown like I was a mere 6 hours ago.
Thank god I had plans set for drinks already because I need one.
A lot of people are leaving/have left their positions here and it makes me feel less concerned about what I’ll have to do in the near future.
Beach house in 5! days! and I am so excited, it’s amazing I haven’t spontaneously combusted already.
Something not shmoopy-love-stuff-or-work-related would be that I realized this morning that I really miss having longish hair and I think I may grow it out.
- As a reward for surviving the past 3 days working for the 4 most high-powered surgeons I’ve ever met, I am leaving at noon and going to Syracuse to see Marie, Michelle, and Zane!
— Yes, Twin #1, waking up earlier than planned is not exactly enjoyable. However, screaming “THIS SUCKS!” at me through the door is not going to make it any better. Also, grow up.
—- I bought a new watch yesterday. It’s the first watch I’ve worn in a very long time, and it’s adorable.
—— Most (all) of the schools I’m looking at for grad school require letters of professional recommendation if you’ve been out of school for any length of time. For some reason, I’m hesitant to ask my current and former bosses to write them for me. I don’t know why, but if I’m ever planning on going back, I should get over myself.
——- Beach vacation with boyfriend in 11 days! 12 days? Let’s go with 11.
Here’s my face, in case you forgot. Also, I decided to stay away from the dash for a bit because HOLY FUCK. I’ve got opinions too, but sometimes I actually keep them to myself if they’re not going to benefit anyone. WEIRD CONCEPT. Now I’m posting again because I’m bored. Ta-fucking-da.
I have a bachelorette party to go to tonight. It’s a Paint Nite, where we sit, paint, and drink wine. Yes, paint and wine is a REALLY good plan for my graceful self.
I just chowed the fuck down on some Thai food. It was obscene and delicious and I guess I’m having air for dinner.
nomorerack is the worst-best website ever. Most things are RIDICULOUS deals and I could spend my entire life savings there. I just bought a bracelet and a watch for $20, plus shipping - $2/each item, and I saved 86% on one item, and 60% on another. It will be my downfall. If you decide to enter this online shopping wormhole, you’re welcome and I’m sorry. (Also, send me an askbox message if you sign up. I’ll explain later.)
Dan is the best ever. We might not be perfect human beings, but we’re perfect together, and even though our move date got pushed back (fuckin’ family), it means all systems are go (well, minus the having a job part), and we will be living together (way) before the end of the year. Love you, baby *heart emoji here*
: I’m minorly (majorly) obsessed with Zillow. I’m looking at lofts for me and Dan in Chicago and beach houses in Wells, Maine for our summer home/internet commune. You know, with all the spare money I have laying about. (For the record, the beach house is way more plausible.)
:: In 2 weeks, I finally get to see (some of) my girls again. Syracuse, it’s been a long time. Words can’t describe how much I need a girls’ weekend, and how much I have missed Marie and Michelle (Beth, you’ll be there in spirit and occasionally we’re going to make Zane be your stand-in.)
::: You must not know ‘bout me, you must not know ‘bout me.
:: It’s funny how life changes, how places you once frequented, people you once spent time with, conversations you had…become no more than whispers in your past.
: Dan was speechless when I told him that I’d never actually heard (of) Virtual Insanity. Today, it came on my 90s playlist, so I gave it a listen. I suppose I can see why it was popular.
> Number 1 reason why Twin #2 is awesome(r than his brother) - he got his 2nd tattoo last night (a Dara knot and triskelion if you were wondering). He loves our Irish/Celtic heritage, and they have huge personal meaning for him. They’re on his bicep and they look BAD. ASS.
> I am wearing my new favorite thing, my cami bra. It’s a camisole, but without the rest of the shirt, and I love it. I’m wearing it under the drapiest (it’s a word) shirt I can find and I’m fairly certain there will be a wardrobe malfunction at least 2x today. I should invest in a better wardrobe.
> Friday Tumor Board means free coffee and free bagels/muffins. Squishy stomach has a love/hate relationship with Tumor Board.
> Way overdue (like 4 years overdue) for an eye exam, so I’m going on Saturday. My insurance will cover either 6 months of contacts or a new pair of frames. Dan says to go for the 6 months of contacts, and I’m leaning towards that as well, but I also kinda want a new pair of frames because I’ve had this pair since the optometrist told me I was blind, about 10 years ago.
> Mom is in Louisiana (New Orleans, specifically) with my dad to celebrate their wedding anniversary which is today (33 years woohoo), and Twin #1 and my sister (who is home from Cali for the month of August) are going to NYC for the weekend. BIG GIANT HOUSE ALL TO MYSELF (and the dog) oh wait that’s not nearly as fun as it sounds. Sad trombone.
(picture credit to the lovely inmi)